Quadient, formerly Neopost UK is a market leader in business communications equipment and software. It employs around 450 people across sales, finance, marketing and customer service. Records of current and past employees and applicants are managed by Quadient UK’s HR department.
Capital University’s Mail Services and Shipping Fulfillment Center is responsible for handling all incoming and outgoing packages and mail for more than 4,000 students, faculty staff as well as 52 departments within the university. Quadient USA’s NeoTrak was the legacy solution that traced the school’s internal package movements.
The decade-long relationship and Quadient USA’s deep knowledge about Capital’s circumstances were the basis for a test. Quadient USA approached the University to participate in a beta test of Web Tracking System (WTS), a new solution for tracking inbound packages anywhere, any time.
- WTS easily managed the University’s unique requirements to manipulate data constantly, to accommodate the seasonal movement of students as well as monitor the location of letters and parcels.
- WTS automated Capital’s entire inbound delivery demands and provided additional functions including features that allowed the University’s Mail Services department to track and monitor the complete chain-of-custody for packages.
- WTS beta test trial period was so successful that Capital University decided to implement the product for a full year.
WTS helped Capital University introduce a whole new level of parcel tracking service for the benefit of the University’s students, administrators and faculty staff. Now, the University’s Mail Services department can give those three customer constituencies exact, detailed and instant information about each parcel in the delivery chain:
- When it arrived at the University.
- Where it is physically located at any particular time.
- Who signed for it.
The bonus service feature that pleased the University was the ability to send an email to recipients alerting them that a parcel was awaiting pick-up.
Delivery and results
WTS increased reliability and accelerated the University’s Mail Services department’s productivity. The University cited these specific features as being most useful:
- Greater data manipulation capabilities, including an import-and-export function which simplifies the process of adding new-student address information and deleting data for students who had graduated.
- Enhanced signature confirmation that provides a signature and a typed name to ensure legibility and clarity for mailroom administrators.
- Advanced search which allows the Mail Services team to search address data and position of mail by name, department, tracking number, mailbox number or other identifying fields.
- Increased access to data and monitoring information because WTS can be utilised on any computer and by multiple users simultaneously.
- WTS increased the reliability and productivity of the University’s Mail Services Department.
In post-test reviews, Capital University called WTS user-friendly, intuitive to use and a valuable time-saver.
“We just love the ‘Enhanced signature confirmation’ feature, because it allows the Mail Services team to determine instantly the individual who signed for that package” Cindy Harp, Mail Services Manager Capital University