Introducing WTS for parcel and mail tracking
Despite an increase in inbound parcel volumes, many under-pressure post rooms have only manual methods for receiving and processing inbound mail. These methods can be time-consuming and frequently rely on error-prone paper records to record deliveries.
There are a number of challenges to overcome: firstly, identifying recipients and where they’re located. This can be difficult, particularly when mail is handled for multiple buildings. Changes in the work environment are also adding to the pressure with flexible and mobile working, the days of 9 to 5 with everyone working in the office are long gone. Now, employees work varied hours, from a range of location so getting hold of people to notify them of their delivery can be hard; and actually getting items to them and recording proof of delivery can be simpler said than done.
Any shortcomings are magnified because parcel deliveries are increasing. According to Ofcom, 12 per cent more parcels were sent in the UK in 2017 compared to the previous year. Many of these – both personal and business – will be delivered to places of work and this can put a strain on processes, particularly at peak times.
A multi-stage process
When the end-to-end process involves a series of manual tasks, single items are often handled multiple times. It’s difficult to keep track of the paper trail and paper work can go missing. The end result? Frustration for both the post room and recipients.
Valuable time can be swallowed up locating recipients and finding missing items. There are also cost considerations, not only in terms of time spent but also in the cost of replacing lost items.
WTS (Web Tracking System) brings order and traceability
WTS, the new inbound parcel and mail tracking system which replaces Track Inside offering significant feature enhancements to support organisations. WTS is a smart solution for tracking parcels and important mail items in real-time, within an organisation, from their arrival on the premises through handover to the end recipient, where electronic proof of delivery can be captured.
It’s ideal for organisations that receive more than ten items a day who want full visibility of items and gain operational efficiency. Here’s how it works:
- A handheld scanner scans the barcode of incoming parcels and important mail. This registers the details in the database, and a recipient is selected from the internal address book. A tracking label can be created if there isn’t a barcode to keep track of the inbound item.
- Recipients are sent an email notification of the arrival of their parcel
- The barcode is scanned at each stage of the delivery chain for real-time status tracking
- On delivery, recipients sign on the device to acknowledge receipt of their mail item. A notification is sent back to the system along with the electronic proof of delivery.
All of which takes the anxiety out of tracking parcels and important mail and:
- speeds up internal deliveries
- cuts down on lost parcels
- reduces the risk of sensitive items ending up in the wrong hands
- improves audit trail visibility.
To find out more about WTS CLICK HERE.
Learn How to Revolutionise Accounts with Automation at one of our Open House Events
Talk to our experts at our open days. This month on the 18th, 19th, and 26th of November, our London, Wakefield, Birmingham teams open their doors for a series of open days. Visitors will get to see our technology up close and talk to our team about their own unique challenges.