So what is Mailmark®?
Mailmark offers the potential to track mail location and delivery, improve reporting and management of tariffs. Over time all business mail will carry this barcode. Royal Mail will continue to process existing franking formats for a period after Mailmark becomes available, so for those that do not want to take up this new technology there is no immediate change.
Mailmark means smarter mail for your business
Some of the benefits of Mailmark for your business are:
- Simplified access to Royal Mail products
- Increased intelligence gives potential for new products and services
- More professional and modern image helps to add customer value
- Cessation of “posting out of area” requirement
With Mailmark you always pay the right amount for postage
With Mailmark the correct postage is always applied so you benefit from:
- No surcharges – avoid customer dissatisfaction and extra cost
- Simple tariff update
- Accurate product selection
- Tariff differential
Who will benefit from using Mailmark?
- Retail customers using low sort, unsorted or meter options for Letters and Large Letters
- Access customers sending machinable Letters and Large Letters
- Business Mail Advanced and Response Services customers
So what do franking machine users need to do?
As the old franking service remains, there is no need to upgrade or replace machines as a result of Mailmark. The business case for replacement will depend on the volume of mail sent and the tariff differences. Mailmark will always be the best value tariff in the franking channel. Other factors to consider when making this decision are the productivity, convenience and cost benefits of a new machine. Depending on the current machine, these could include integrated scales, intuitive touch screens, print quality and the capability to reclaim VAT on eligible Royal Mail postal services.